Camila Cabello: From Girl Group Success to Solo Stardom


This time last year Camila was a part of Fifth Harmony and they were gearing up to start promoting there second album 7/27. 

But a lot has changed since then. Camila decided to leave Fifth Harmony in December 2016. For most fans it was a shock "how could she leave the group, when they were on the brink of world success?" well...easy.

Camila had been preparing for a while. Releasing her first solo featured song with Shawn Mendes 'I know what you did last summer" in 2015 and then in 2016 releasing 'Bad Thing' which featured on with Machine Gun Kelly.

Fast forward to 19 May 2017. Camila drops two single "Crying in the Club" working with SIA and "I have questions".

'Crying in the club' has a similar beat to Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of you', but it's the lyricism and vocals that stand out in the track. It's the beat that makes you want to get up and dance and forget all your troubles.


"Let the music lift you up
Like you've never been this free
'Till you feel the sunrise
Let the music warm your body"

It's the perfect single and showcase for what's to come on Camila's first solo album 'The Hurting, The Healing, The Loving'.

Her second single 'I have questions' is by far one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in a very long time. Camila's voice is so overwhelmingly stunning that you can feel the pain in her voice when she sings 'I gave you all of me, my blood, my sweat, my heart and my tears, why don't you care'. This track is part of The Hurting. 

Watch her interview below


On 21 May 2017 Camila performed her songs live for the first time at the Billboard Music Awards. This is where she would showcase her talent and prove to everyone that she belongs on that stage and is on par with many of her music peers. This is just the beginning of Camila's wonderful journey and career. At just 19 Camila is one of the most eloquent songwriters of her generation.

I'm excited to hear the rest of her story.

Listen (also available on iTunes,Apple Music and Youtube)

xcv95

No comments:

Post a Comment