Thank You Fifth Harmony



The day has come, even though I’ve been preparing for this moment I never thought how much the ending of this band would mean to me. I’m 22 years old and these girls, including Camila made me feel like I was apart of something bigger than me. If you’re not into music this isn’t going to make sense to you or if you think pop music is frivolous and has no meaning whatsoever, you're wrong because it does and I’m going to tell you why. 

Back in 2013 I heard Fifth Harmony for the first time and I was in my first week of uni. I had missed out on watching them live every week on the XFactor because 1. I’m not American and 2. I didn’t know XFactor existed in the US, but thanks to the the Internet, specifically Tumblr I got to experience the whole thing, just a few months later, but I quickly caught up (as you do when you're a fangirl). 

Fifth harmony came to me at a time, where I was feeling scared about this new life I was about to start. I had never been away from home and I had never lived on my own. Although I had the most wonderful uni experience anyone could ever have and met friends for life. I can’t forget how much Fifth Harmony meant to me, I had never experienced this much love and appreciation for a band my entire life (the closest thing was Miley Cyrus when I was 12).

No matter the mood I was in, there music would make me feel better. 

During my three years at uni I became known to my friends and course mates as the girl who loved Fifth Harmony. I know this sounds cheesy, but I’ve always been really expressive with my emotions so when I love something, I have to share my passion with the world.

Also during this time I tried to go see them live a few times but Jesus was never on my side. I remember when I was 19 trying to get tickets to their concert in London but because I accidentally clicked on the VIP passes, I missed my opportunity and I cried (like a lot). This is when I realised that this band meant a lot more to me then I could ever fathom. 

Moving on to October 2016 where I finally got to see them live in Portugal with my cousins and it was the best night of my entire life! I cried, I laughed, I sang and I met some really cool people. That's what I love about concerts and music in general, it brings people together - no matter your background.

I can't really express how much Fifth Harmony meant to me growing into my adult life. Especially, because I'm similar in age I felt that we kind of grew up together. I know it's strange for people that don't understand why I'm so passionate about strangers but its always made me forget about my own problems and focus on something better. 

So with this chapter coming to an end and Fifth Harmony's journey no longer apart of me. I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything that you girls put into this world during your time as a band. Not only were you talented as a group but you also taught me and every other fan about feminism, being apart of something bigger and always being understanding of what others are going through. You were the girl group I needed back when I was growing up, but I'm glad I stuck around.

I look forward to this new chapter in your lives, I will always be a fan and support all FIVE of you equally. Your music will live on and I will be passing it on to my future children.

Thank you.



x

xcv95

No comments:

Post a Comment