Drake's More Life: An Album Review
Drake's VIEWS was the definitive album to prove everyone that he's here to stay. "I'm here for a good time, not a long time". He really showed his versatility as an artist using influences around the world from South African House to London Grime.
Drake managed to score the biggest hit of his career with 'One Dance'. Although the rest of his album showed a more aggressive side to his personality. No longer Sad Boy Drake.
More Life is where Drake admits that VIEWS was an angry album. On his last track "Do Not Disturb' he says "I was an angry yout when i was written' VIEWs, saw a side of myself that I never knew". In his track "Can't have everything" Drake has a recording of his mother's voicemail as she warns him of the way he has been acting isn't going to take him anywhere "I know you can reach your destination and accomplish your goals much more quickly without this confrontation I'm hearing in your tone these days. When other go low we go high."
You cannot deny the talent Drake possess. He's been in the game for a very long time and it shows with the way he has grown as an artist. Compare it to his first mixtape, you can really hear the changes in his voice and flows.
More Life is just another chance to show his growth. It's a playlist filled with passion, different genres and many features. He even has Skepta with his own interlude and allows Sample to really take it away in "4422".
Throughout the playlist Drake shows his appetite for the music in different cultures. Tracks like "Gyalchester" mixes Patois for the word Manchester, UK. In his track "Portland" you hear the sounds of a recorder mostly common in Arabic music. Drake is a Globetrottes and possibly the biggest star on the planet right now. Doing two back to back World Tours "Summer Sixteen" and "Boy Meets World".
More Life says exactly what it does on the tin. It's a playlist you won't stop listening too; from tracks like "passionfruit" where all you want to do is dance to "Blem" where you start thinking about your ex and get into your feels. It's a playlist that you can listen to in any type of mood you're in.
Well done Drake, More Life is already a classic.
xcv95
What People Are Reading
-
I've never really been a fan of Selena Gomez but I'm kind of/really excited for this new album of hers. But she is ready to be se...
-
WHAT IS PAQ? PAQ was created by four friends, where they endeavour into the world of fashion, with streetwear being their main focus....
-
I MISS THE OLD KANYE / THE NEVER TWEETS KANYE This album has been out for over a week, maybe more. I've been trying to figu...


No comments:
Post a Comment